General Tariff Regulations for Carriage by sea (GTR)
§ 1 General Regulations
These General Tariff Regulations (hereinafter also referred to as „GTR“) apply to all regular carriage by FRS Helgoline GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter also referred to as „Carrier“) and - if marked - for special tours of the Carrier. With the conclusion of the contract the GTR become part of the contract of carriage; the Passenger accepts these with binding effect.
§ 2 Tickets
1. Tickets are transferable until the start of the carriage, unless they are for special Tours (§ 5) or discount offers (§ 6). If tickets are marked with a specific date, they are only valid for the transport specified at that time. Tickets can only be booked at the fares valid at the time of booking in accordance with § 8 GTR.
2. Tickets for one way trips entitle the holder to a single journey between the port of departure and the port of desti- nation stated on the ticket.
3. Tickets for One day trips (outward and return trip on the same day) and Return tickets (return transport within 12 months of the outward journey) entitle the holder to a roundtrip between the port of departure and port of destination shown on the ticket with a timely interruption of transport corresponding to the period or date shown on the ticket.
4. For dogs tickets respective to the ticket type need to be purchased.
§ 3 Discounts
1. Children under the age of one are not entitled to a seat of their own and do not pay a fare. Children from one year up to and including the age of 3 are entitled to a seat. They are carried free of charge on regular carriages. For transportation in higher classes, the surcharges for the seat category are charged. Children aged 4 to 14 receive a discount on the ferry tariff.
2. Reduced fares may be stipulated in the transport tariff for senior citizens aged 60 and over. A limitation to certain travel days or seat categories is possible.
3. Small groups of at least 10-24 paying guests receive tickets according to the tariff for small groups, from 25 paying guests the tariff for large groups is applied to all group members.
4. Any fare reductions will be granted only upon prior application. The application must be accompanied by appropriate evidence of entitlement to the fare reduction.
5. If the application for a fare reduction is incorrect or if the Carrier is not informed immediately before the start of the journey of any changes in these circumstances, the Passenger loses the right to benefit from the fare reduction for one year from the date of the unjustified application of the reduction.
§ 4 Benefits and additional offers as well as promotions
1. In addition to the above-mentioned tickets and discounts, special promotional prices and cooperation offers with third parties may be offered. These are published as part of the transport tariffs.
2. Additional offers (e.g. guided tour on the "Halunder Jet" bridge) must be booked before departure. A cancellation due to operational requirements is also possible at short notice. In this case the corresponding fares will be refunded.
§ 5 Special Tours
Special Tours are all carriages within the meaning of § 11 of the General Terms of Carriage (“GTC”). Separate regulations and tariffs apply to them. These can be found in the respective offer and our GTC.
§ 6 Discount offers
Discounts (within the meaning of § 12 of the GTC) may be offered by the Carrier on tickets of the regular timetable. Separate regulations and tariffs apply to them. These can be found in the respective offer and our GTC.
§ 7 Increased fare
Under the conditions of § 5 GTC, the Carrier reserves the right to demand that an increased fare is to be paid by the Passenger.
§ 8 Transport tariffs
1. The transport tariffs shall be determined separately, irrespective of these tariff provisions. They are published on the Carrier‘s website and on timetables or may be obtained from the Carrier‘s points of sale.
2. Tickets may only be purchased at the fares in force at the time of booking. A subsequent rebooking to e.g. special offers is not possible.
3. Rebooking from regular tickets to reduced tickets is only possible until departure.
4. Prices are subject to change due to general increases in fuel costs. If more than 4 months have elapsed between conclusion of the contract of carriage and commencement of the journey, the Carrier is entitled to adjust the carriage charge to the extent that price factors in connection with the carriage in question, such as port charges, wages and sa- laries, fuel, interest rates, exchange rates, etc., over which the Carrier has no influence, have changed in the meantime. The Passenger shall be informed immediately of the price increase. On request, the composition of the price increase shall be made transparent to the Passenger.
§ 9 Vouchers
1. Vouchers can be ordered by telephone under +49 461 864 44 or by e-mail under [email protected]. The voucher will only be issued after payment of the desired equivalent value. The voucher will be sent by post against payment of a flat-rate shipping fee of 4,00 €. If the voucher is not received by the purchaser within the normal postal delivery times, the purchaser is obliged to notify the issuer of the voucher in order to avoid misuse.
2. Vouchers are issued for a freely chosen EUR equivalent value, which can be credited when purchasing tickets. The voucher alone does not entitle the holder to carriage; a ticket must be purchased. Several vouchers can be taken into account for one ticket.
3. The vouchers are generally transferable; they can only be redeemed on presentation of the original voucher. If the voucher is sent by post to the Carrier for redemption, the Passenger bears the shipping risk.
4. In general, there is no entitlement to payment of the voucher’s value. In case of (partial) payment using a voucher, the (partial) reimbursement also takes the form of a voucher.
5. The limitation period of the German Civil Code (BGB) applies to the limitation of the vouchers.
§ 10 Baggage Transport
The prices for the carriage of luggage, which is not hand luggage, are based on the current price lists. These can be viewed on the Carrier‘s website at www.helgoline.de/en/luggage or can be obtained on site at the ticket office.
§ 11 Miscellaneous
1. This document is a translation of the Carrier’s German General Tariff Regulations (“Allgemeine Tarifbedingungen“). This document only serves to inform the Passenger and has no legal effect.
2. The content of the German General Tariff Regulations is legally binding. In case of discrepancies between the translation and the original German General Tariff Regulations the German version prevails.